Solid Carbide VariCut End Mill
On Stainless, or Titanium, it will match or outperform any other “Vari-Style” End Mill in the market.
Somta’s new “Vari-Style” End Mill, VariCut has a new patent pending tool design. This unique design uses a new core form and a new reinforced end geometry with unequal flute spacing which enables it to remove the most amount of material in the least amount of time with an excellent surface finish.
VariCut End Mills are available in a variety of specifications to ensure that our customers get the best tool for the job. They can be ordered in 4, 5 or 7 flute geometries; in corner radius or corner chamfer design, as well as in stub, regular or long series lengths.
VariCut End Mills can also be ordered with or without a neck according to customer requirements. Contact one of our Spindle Solutions representatives if you have any queries.
PRODUCT CODE: 04V
Solid Carbide 4 Flute Stub VariCut End Mills
PRODUCT CODE: 03V
Solid Carbide 4 Flute VariCut End Mills
PRODUCT CODE: 05V
Solid Carbide 5 Flute VariCut End Mills
The main features and benifits of VariCut include:
- Unique and Patent Pending Core Form designed in conjunction with our international development partners who have decades of design and development experience in the carbide tooling industry, provides high performance combining metal removal rates with an extended tool life.
- Specially adapted Oerlikon Balzers coating which further improves operational performance and tool life.
- Shank tolerances to h6.
- Designed to DIN 6527 over the 5mm to 20mm diameter range.
- Chatter-free machining in a wide range of speeds, feeds and applications which prevents chipping on cutting edges and corners resulting in an excellent surface finish on milled parts.
- Excellent in slotting operations up to a 1.25D axial depth of cut in a wide range of work piece materials and in profiling operations up to 0.5D radial x 1.5D axial depth of cut.
- Reinforced corner geometry, using a radius or chamfer with dubbing, which results in a longer tool life and less power consumption during cutting.
- Possible design modifications – Neck according to customer request.
How VariCut differs from standard high performance end mills:
- VariCut is designed with a new patent pending core form and a new end geometry that uses unequal flute spacing to enable higher feed rates – optimal to different cutting depths.
- VariCut is able to slot at 1D -1.5D (diameter) in a wide range of work piece materials.
- VariCut is able to plunge to a depth of 1D and then start to slot.
- VariCut has reinforced corner geometry, using a radius or chamfer with dubbing, which results in less power consumption during cutting.
- VariCut performance – combination of removal rate and extended tool life means it will match or outperform any other “Vari-Style” End Mill in the market.
- VariCut optimum geometry gives the possibility to achieve maximum metal removal rates (MRR).